The primary objective of e-Manufacturing Research Center (eMRC) is to unify research resources of industry, government, academia, and research organizations to promote advanced studies and industry-academia cooperation in e-Manufacturing technologies.
e-Manufacturing Research center (eMRC) recruits the talents of the e-Manufacturing field to enhance related technology innovation and development to realize and solve the difficulties encountered by domestic industries. Through industry-university cooperation projects, eMRC utilizes the innovative technologies to achieve the goal of cost down for the industries to improve the productivity. In addition, development and promotion of the crucial technologies help to enhance the competitiveness of domestic industries in hopes of making Taiwan an international R&D center for rapid production.
eMRC collaborates with Intelligent Manufacturing Research Center (iMRC) to work on “intelligent manufacturing system” for assisting domestic manufacturing industries (e.g. automobile wheel rim, machine tool, aerospace, PET blow molding, carbon fiber, semiconductor, solar cell, and TFT-LCD, etc.) to build up the intelligent manufacturing ecosystem for achieving the goal of nearly zero defects (ZD), which is also defined as Industry 4.1. In this way, industries can come up with brand new business models to optimize the intelligent manufacturing systems.
The eMRC provides the following services:
1. Accept e-Manufacturing related outsourced research projects from both domestic and international organizations.
2. Provide e-Manufacturing related technical consultation and personnel training.
3. Organize e-Manufacturing related professional courses.
4. Integrate e-Manufacturing related information, technologies, and research activities within NCKU.
5. Hold e-Manufacturing related academic speeches and seminars.
6. Undertake other e-Manufacturing related affairs.