This paper models a repairable closed queuing maintenance network for a flexible manufacturing system (FMS). Closed queuing algorithms are developed to evaluate the expected number of floats for the multifacted modules of the FMS. This algorithm is subsequently integrated in a cost optimization model developed in the paper. Through the application of sensitivity analyses, intuitive results obtained are used to verify the consistency of the model.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering