Modified, weekly dosing with docetaxel and cisplatin as first-line therapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer

Shih Chuan Hsiao, Wu Chou Su

研究成果: Article同行評審

1 引文 斯高帕斯(Scopus)

摘要

Background. Platinum-based combination chemotherapy regimens provide modest improvement in both survival and quality of life for patients with non-small cell lung cancers and docetaxel is the first agent approved for both first- and second-line treatment in patients with advanced disease. However, the regimens are associated with adverse effects. Methods. We used a modified, shortened regimen with only 2 consecutive weekly infusions of docetaxel followed by rest for 1 week, and evaluated the efficacy and toxicity profiles in patients undergoing treatment for non-small cell lung cancers. Thirty-five patients (19 men, 16 women) with advanced non-small cell lung cancers received docetaxel (35 mg/m2 i.v. infusion on days 1 and 8) with cisplatin (60 mg/m 2 i.v. infusion on day 8) in 126 cycles. Results. Two of the 35 patients achieved complete response (5.7%), while 16 patients achieved partial response (45.7%). The overall response rate was 51.4% and median overall survival was 10.6 months. The toxicities were mild; the most common grades 3 and 4 toxicities were anaemia (5.6%), neutropenia (4.8%) and vomiting (5.6%). Other grades 3 and 4 non-haematological toxicities included diarrhoea (3.2%), neurotoxicity (0.8%), asthenia (0.8%) and phlebitis (0.8%). Conclusion. Combination chemotherapy with cisplatin and 2 consecutive weekly infusions of docetaxel can be considered an active and well-tolerated regimen with a good response rate and less toxicity for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancers.

原文English
頁(從 - 到)67-69
頁數3
期刊National Medical Journal of India
22
發行號2
出版狀態Published - 2009 三月 1

All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes

  • Medicine(all)

指紋 深入研究「Modified, weekly dosing with docetaxel and cisplatin as first-line therapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer」主題。共同形成了獨特的指紋。

引用此