Triweekly reduced-dose docetaxel combined with cisplatin in recurrent/metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: A multicenter phase II study

Peter Mu Hsin Chang, Cheng Hwai Tzeng, Ming Huang Chen, Chao Jung Tsao, Wu Chou Su, Wei Shuo Hwang, Yi Fang Chang, Shyue Yih Chang, Muh Hwa Yang

研究成果: Article同行評審

13 引文 斯高帕斯(Scopus)

摘要

Purpose: To test the efficacy and safety of a triweekly reduced-dose docetaxel (60 mg/m 2) regimen combined with a standard dose of cisplatin in patients with recurrent/metastatic (R/M) head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC). Patients and methods: Patients with R/M HNSCC were enrolled. All eligible patients received intravenous docetaxel 60 mg/m 2 combined with cisplatin 75 mg/m 2 on day 1 and then every 3 weeks thereafter. Treatment was continued until disease progression, patient intolerance, or death. Results: In total, 58 patients were enrolled and 41 patients were evaluated. Among the evaluated population, one patient achieved a complete response (2.4%) and nine patients achieved a partial response (22%), resulting in an overall response rate of 24.4%. Furthermore, 17 patients had stable disease (41.5%), which corresponds to a disease control rate of 65.9%. With a median follow-up of 24 months (1-43 months), progression-free survival was 170 days (95% confidence interval 97.9-242.1) and the median overall survival was 265 days (95% confidence interval 89.0-441.0) in evaluable population. The most common toxicities (≥grade III) were leucopenia (66.7%) and anemia (33.3%). Conclusions: Triweekly reduced-dose docetaxel 60 mg/m 2 combined with cisplatin is effective and feasible for Taiwanese patients with R/M HNSCC. However, the hematologic toxicity of this regimen should be carefully monitored and managed.

原文English
頁(從 - 到)1477-1484
頁數8
期刊Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
68
發行號6
DOIs
出版狀態Published - 2011 十二月

All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes

  • 腫瘤科
  • 毒理學
  • 藥理
  • 癌症研究
  • 藥學(醫學)

指紋

深入研究「Triweekly reduced-dose docetaxel combined with cisplatin in recurrent/metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: A multicenter phase II study」主題。共同形成了獨特的指紋。

引用此