Wind turbulence characteristics under typhoon conditions

Michel Paurus, Jiun Jih Miau, Yng Ru Cheng

研究成果: Conference contribution

1 引文 斯高帕斯(Scopus)

摘要

Wind turbulence characteristics of typhoon Megi during 27-28 September 2016 were studied with the wind data obtained from an offshore met tower near Changhua, the west coast of Taiwan. Based on the 10-min average, the results are presented with the wind speed recorded, the distribution of the probability density function, turbulence intensity, power spectrum, cross-correlation function, auto-correlation function. First, both of the power spectra of the wind data obtained at the heights 50 m and 86 m show a good agreement with the Von Karman model. Second, cross-correlation analysis of the wind data at the heights 50m and 86 m show that 85% of the time during the typhoon period the correlation coefficients were lower than 0.2, and the rest 15% of the time the correlation coefficient could reach 0.55. These observations provide important information about the wind characteristics of the boundary layer near the surface under a typhoon condition. The results are expected to be useful in the considerations in the design of offshore structures near the west coast of Taiwan.

原文English
主出版物標題Proceedings - 2020 International Symposium on Computer, Consumer and Control, IS3C 2020
發行者Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
頁面356-360
頁數5
ISBN(電子)9781728193625
DOIs
出版狀態Published - 2020 十一月
事件2020 International Symposium on Computer, Consumer and Control, IS3C 2020 - Taichung, Taiwan
持續時間: 2020 十一月 132020 十一月 16

出版系列

名字Proceedings - 2020 International Symposium on Computer, Consumer and Control, IS3C 2020

Conference

Conference2020 International Symposium on Computer, Consumer and Control, IS3C 2020
國家/地區Taiwan
城市Taichung
期間20-11-1320-11-16

All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes

  • 電氣與電子工程
  • 控制和優化
  • 儀器
  • 原子與分子物理與光學
  • 電腦科學應用
  • 能源工程與電力技術
  • 人工智慧

指紋

深入研究「Wind turbulence characteristics under typhoon conditions」主題。共同形成了獨特的指紋。

引用此